The Future of OTT in ANZ
A playbook on how to grow your OTT services
2020 has been a phenomenal year for streaming, with viewers signing up for OTT services in record numbers. Here’s what you need to know to get your share of them.
For OTT providers to compete in this increasingly crowded market, you have to know how to profitably deliver content to your customers and give them a good reason to stay with your service. And to do that, you need a thorough understanding of their viewing habits and preferences.
Brightcove polled 22,000 users in 22 countries to uncover insights around:
- How people are watching TV
- Which devices are dominating in different markets
- Deal makers and deal breakers for OTT subscriptions
- How to expand beyond the subscription model
- Ads vs. no ads and blended payment strategies
- What app features viewers want most
- And much more
Here’s just a sample of what we learned about viewers in ANZ:
- 51% of viewers stream their TV content
- 2 out of 5 viewers are open to subscribing to 2-3 OTT services
- 49% of viewers sign up for multiple services to get the content they want - it's almost impossible for 1 service to offer enough
Is your OTT service in tune with what viewers want and expect? Find out – in The Future of OTT in ANZ.